Monday, November 01, 2010

Scar-arrrr-ves.

Well, yes, scarves can now be worn against the cold. But, the fact that it went from 77 to "I'm so cold my joints ache" (yes, I'm like a 90 year old woman that way) is frustrating to me. Fall seems to be having an identity crisis and I think it is going to disappear like that much ignored girl in the Buffy series (yes, I'm a huge geek).

My biggest fear about the loss of fall has to do with my hatred of cold. I want warm. I want sun. I like jackets and gloves but I don't want to have to wear a parka or snow shoe to the local grocery. Of course, this is why I want to move south upon graduation. However, publishing jobs tend to be in the Winter-Lasts-Too-Long-North. Why? Is it so cold that they presume all you can do is read whereas if you lived in the south you might actually go outside?

I find this awful or, at least, not okay.

So that's the gist--this weather is not okay.

Also, I'm not interesting enough to blog about three times a week. I apologize. I'll try for better next week.

Cheers,
LV

3 comments:

Liz B said...

I was saying to a friend this morning that I had signed no permission slips for it to be November yet. UNAUTHORIZED MONTH.

Tabitha said...

I love that!

Cate said...

California works, too. No real seasons to speak of, and never snowshoes for the grocery store!