Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.

That's right, Christmas is coming and this is my Oprah's Favorite things blog. Only, instead of Oprah, it's Last Victim's Favorite Things. This is general. Perhaps closer to the holiday I'll give links to things I think everyone should have. For now, this isn't a bad start.

1. Socks.
Most people don't think to put this on their lists of favorite things, but socks are the bees knees. Socks keep your feet warm, they help you slide across slick floors, and they can create an electrical charge. Go socks! You can get them so they don't peep out of your shoes, only come up to the ankles, or slide on up to the knee. I prefer mine to be fun: penguins, hearts, stripes, zebras, musical notes. No one sees my socks so I can do what I want with them. Once again: socks rock.

2. Chocolate.
Though I am currently off caffeine, chocolate is always a favorite. The best for winter: hot chocolate and Lindor truffles. Yum.

3. Gilmore Girls.
Boys, don't knock it till ya watched it. I bet you get hooked. If nothing else, enjoy looking at Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Personally, watching this show is part of my writing process.

4. Octopi. Octopuses. Octopodes.
'nuff said.

5. Journals.
A new development. What I really like are the drawing journals. I like to write crooked and feel less guilty if horizontal lines aren't marching disapprovingly across the page.

6. Oranges.
They stave off scurvy.

7. Rifling.
Accuracy.

8. Pride and Prejudice.
Book and BBC film version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. If Colin Firth is reading this: I adore you. If Jennifer Ehle is reading this: You are far and away the best Elizabeth.

9. Whisks.
Just say it. It's fun. And handy if you bake.

10. Lumpia.
Eat it. Love it. Then eat it some more.

Cheers,
LV

3 comments:

Michael Koenig said...

I really like that socks is number 1. It's usually the first thing I put on my Xmas list, mainly because I never remember to buy new pairs myself and I know my mom will always buy them.

When the SouthPark guys signed the contract to write "Bigger, Longer, Uncut," they required a new pack of socks be sent to them every month (I assume for a year) because there really is nothign better than the first time you wear some new socks. So e're in good company

Anonymous said...

You forgot naps, dogs, and clean sheets.

Tabitha said...

Mike, it's nice to know there are others like me out there.

Vinnie, oh my goodness, yes. All three.