Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Don't Have to Use Java!

I discovered APdivs. I discovered a fantastical website that taught me about APdivs. You, the people who will eventually see my website, will be able to drag and drop text wherever ya want. This is going to be a blast. And I will not have to learn Java. Let us all rejoice.

In fact, I don't know if I could have done it. Perhaps if I was actually going to be in town all week, or had access to Dreamweaver, I would have figured it out. But the APdivs are ultimately easier. As for my progress, I've designed the way I want the pages to look, although I need to go back in and fix spacing issues. I've worked out the bugs I encountered with the APdivs and think (hope, pray) that when I get back from West Virginia it will just be a matter of tweaking the pages I've layed out and inputting the APdivs. That shouldn't take more than one long session in the lab, so that I can then user test the site, so that I can then be done for the semester. Right? Of course, right. I hope. I really, really hope.

Cheers,
LV

2 comments:

Kimberley Lynne said...

Rejoice!
Am gonna be in lab tomorrow and Tuesday during the day. See you there?

Tabitha said...

Ach. I wish I'd seen this. I flew into WV Monday night. S'why it was imperative to figure out how to work that stuff before I flew out. It would have been very bad otherwise. Hope you have a good holiday!