Monday, November 15, 2010

Faking it.

I gotta learn to fake it.

Pervy. What I mean is that I can't play games, I can't hide what I'm thinking. It's why I insist on doing jobs that I enjoy, that I believe in and working for people I admire. However, at this juncture, what I really want is just a job that I don't hate with people that don't call me and yell at me about my location when I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

I bring this up now because I just spent two hours sending out resumes. And I spent most of the last year not exactly loving where I worked. I should have gotten out sooner, but, alas, I was a fool.

My eyebrows always give me away. Perhaps if I shaved them. Or taped them down. Or botoxed them into submission things would be different. Let me know how you fake it. I'll take tips.


Cheers,
LV

2 comments:

TheWandaFish said...

Unfortunately, I have no tips to share. I can't fake it, either. My face always gives away exactly what I'm thinking, even when I think I'm doing a great job of hiding it. But really, I don't think it's so bad...I hate fake people.

Tabitha said...

Ha. That's the worst--when you think you are hiding it only you find out you aren't, not at all.

And, good. Me too. Although I know plenty of people that wish otherwise.