Saturday, October 16, 2010

Last Victim Etiquette

Sick week. Little to report. There are weevils in the flour.

Which one is the lie? Well, the last. My flour is, in fact, very well put away. I pride myself on having well sealed flour. What kind of lady, or Last Victim, would dare to do otherwise? Sealed flour and no slips showing, them's the rules, pals.And I, Not So Southern Lady that I am, have sealed flour and, to ensure against slip edges, don't wear slips. I have forsworn the skirt or the dress in an effort to be rid of the pesky fax pas of the showing slip edge.

It might be important to also not talk on a cell phone in a grocery line or to actually hold a door for someone coming in behind you or to not show bra-straps or undies. But with a quick jaunt through town I can see each of these things happening and know that I am the last line with my flour and my pinned-up (or just absent) slips.

Good luck, chums, with drawing your own lines.

Cheers,
LV

4 comments:

Michael Koenig said...

I must say I would like to ammend your hold the door rule of etiquette. I hold the door for people when they are 3 to 5 seconds behind me or if they are carrying something that makes opening doors difficult. I can't stand people who are 10 or fifteen seconds ahead of you that are standing with the door open watching you come toward them. I'm not changing my pace for you! Don't give me a dirty look. They're just as annoying as people who shut a door in your face.

Marie said...

I agree with Mike. I feel like dashing when someone holds the door for me (even if I'm far away).

Kimberley Lynne said...

I like that bra straps can show now.

Tabitha said...

I agree about the dirty looks. That defeats the entire purpose of being thoughtful in the first place. If you resent the common courtesy, why are you doing it? But it also goes to point: people don't know what the heck common courtesy is.

Sad.