Monday, October 18, 2010

Just Read the No Kill Nation Post. Seriously.

Sick week extended. Even less to report. Weevils still in the flour.

Ach and grr! That is what I have to say about one illness starting after another. It oughta be outlawed. I'll have a fast-draw gun fight and then no other illnesses will dare to double up. Put on my low slung holsters and quick-draw like no one in the west ain't never quick drawed before.


....I may be watching too many westerns. But, when one is ill, how much is too much? Reading makes my head ache right now (though I have readin' and writin' to do for school) and lying about in bed is all I've got the energy for. And while lying about in bed I'm enjoying watching cowboys. John Wayne or Josh Brolin, I don't care. Horses and hats and women who can shoot.

Which brings me to my other predicament (the first being my inability to be well for more than a day): I don't shoot. I want to shoot. M'dad offered me a gun when I moved to the city but I felt this was problematic on many a level. First, they say that you should be prepared to have any weapon you wield turned against you. Oh. And I can't shoot! He did offer to teach me. And maybe the next time I'm at his house we'll have target practice with the pistol. (Providing I get glasses. If I can't see the target I don't imagine I'll be doin' great shooting.)

I don't want to use it for self-defense. I just want to know how. It will add to my useful skill set which feels, today, empty. So, shooting would bring up to 1 on practical skills. I sort-of sew, but the sort-of really defeats the practical bit. OH! I make awesome western costumes out of sheets and bed skirts. (I'm sensing a theme.) I also do a pretty good twangy accent---coming from a land of twang I've actually had to work to keep it out of my voice.

Well, now that I've made you the victim of my crazy head, all I have left to say is

Cheers,
LV

1 comment:

Michael Koenig said...

I wish I knew how to shoot too. A friend of mind took me to the target range once. And I learend one thing, the safest place for you to stand when I have a gun is directly where I am aiming.

I'd like to go back to the range and figure out what I was doing wrong. I don't know if its my eyes (I know I need glasses) or my mechanics. I still think its something every man (adult for that matter) should learn.