Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stream of Thought, or a Caffeinated Midnight

Alex and I nearly argued--okay, not nearly--about the website project earlier. Alex, my boyfriend, actually has some design background and is all artist-y while I, well, we'll just say, I don't/am not. Which is fine. But brainstorming aloud, in a very general way, with a fellow who has all this specific knowledge ended badly.

He did, however, give me this: He calls my writing both quirky and lyrical. Which I thought a compliment as well as a good thing to keep in mind for design.  But, oh, how to be quiirky yet not annoying/cliched/too complex?

Again, he has suggestions. He thinks I should  channel a project I did in Creativty and I may. It has some cool elements that I might be able to use including a really old dictionary, an old anatomy book, and this awesome purple paper made with the leaves of some fruiting tree or plant. (No, not vague at all.)

Just now, in fact, I was thinking about photographing this anatomy picture of a hand and perhaps having each finger link to a different thing---which doesn't sound too spiffy when I say it like that, I know. But seriously, the illustration is fantastic and I'm always using science (especially anatomy) in my poetry.

I do want something clean and inviting, too, though.

Also, I'm not sure about which platform to use. I'd like to use Dreamweaver just to get the hang of the thing, but I've had a look 'round Word Press for another project and think it might be the ticket. Particularly since I haven't got a Mac and WordPress doesn't require it.

(I only today got internet at home and am over excited about the fact that I'm doing my homework in bed, in m'pjs, at midnight. Very exciting stuff here and a much more comfortable and inspiring place to brain storm than the 24 hour lab.)

Well, I'll keep at it.

Cheers,
LV

2 comments:

TheWandaFish said...

I think the hand sounds groovy. And I think you could use that and yet the site could still be "clean and inviting," as you say. I mean, a hand only has five fingers...maybe if it was an anatomy picture of a thousand-tentacled beast it would be confusing... Go for it.

Tabitha said...

Now I want an anatomy picture of a thousand-tentacled beast. How exciting would that be?