Monday, September 13, 2010

Mercenary Me

What do I want to learn? I am to name one thing in all of the inter-webbable world that I want to learn? And to this knowing about 1/20th of a teaspoon of how to do things on the 500 gallon and growing net? (That metaphor didn't quite work out, but I leave it to you to come up with a better one. Post below. Because, I really, at 12:49 a.m. cannot construct better).

But I digress. What I want to learn...Well, if I leave out things that I can't learn, and certainly not in this class, then that leaves nearly all things. (I'm leaving out drawing, hence the nearly. Despite the fact that I would love to do this:


But, if I'm gettin' down to the nitty gritty, except for a keen desire to know how to create a really intense search engine for my site (thus making it super easy to navigate), I would like to learn all about how to make the web work for me, as in, make me money, make me known thus making me money, make me a better writer thus making me money. (That's right. I like me. And money for me.)

So, what would do this? Aside from a genie, I mean how to get a really clean looking site that is easily navigable, but fresh, how to imbed my blog so my page is a one-stop shop, and other such joy. Cool graphics are essential. But how does one get/make/conjure them? (Nifty graphics like Larry Doyle has and that I want.)

And, of course, how to make me findable. What are the words to use to help direct people to my site? How do I know them? How do I do whatever it is that they do to do that? And, that, I think is the one thing I will settle on. Because being findable, well, that's half the battle.

Or was that something else?

Cheers,
LV




No comments: