Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hanging Loose, obviously the coolest literary journal ever bound

So, okay. I could be wrong about this because it is actually in paper form still and not on-line, so I didn't actually get to peruse the pages.Furthermore, I realize this, to some degree, may seem ananthema to this particular class. But, as I have been inundated with conversation about the death of print, I found it reassuring to find a literary journal with a kickin' history that is still being published on paper, sent into homes.

I have to order it to support it. But also because, if you read the main page's history lesson, how could anyone refuse? They were one of the first publishers of Denise Levertov and Sherman Alexie. I love the former's poetry and havne't read enough of the second's to say, but his The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is fantastic. (Haven't read it? You should. Are not now, immediately ordering it? A pox on you!)

However, they do have this very cool information up-front and easy to follow links to their published books (and they have many) and to the ordering form for the actual journal where you can pick the size of your addiction, much like ordering coffee at Trendy Coffee Warehouse: 3, 6, or 9 issues/3, 6, or Nueve.

Of course, the links to all that other stuff is off to the left hand side and pretty tiny. It would be nice if it were a cleaner, larger construction.

Plus, they are all about the new writers and, as a new writer, I have to love that kind of commitment.

Order it. Read it. Love it.

Cheers,
LV

No comments: