Sunday, December 05, 2010

After Thursday

When I left the lab today everything was working. When I got home, nothing was. Of course, as it turns out my code just won't work in Internet Explorer. Which I'm great with. It is, according to a friend, working just peachy in Mozilla. So, huzzah!

I'm half through with all three revisions. Well, with two revisions, I can't guess on the fiction piece. There are colostomy bags, frozen babies, and pirate hunters. They make it difficult to guess where everything is going. What's up for when all the fun is done? Buying a winter coat. Finding a part-time job. Reading. So many things I want to read. And a Christmas tree.

But, first, a party for editorial style. That's right. Wine and food at Arthur's house. I'm always a little weirded out by going to professors' houses. Is this just me? Just my own awkwardness with authority? Something left over from elementary school? Am I the only one? (Like Highlander. Good movie. Except for the one, which is not.)

Oh, well, forward to the awkward! (And  maybe a piano.)

Cheers,
LV

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hahahaha - you aren't the only one weirded out about going to a professor's house for a party. Frankly, I don't like to be told to attend a party (heck, I don't like to be told to do anything). I prefer to choose with whom I am going to party. Have fun. I'll be taking editorial style next semester. Perhaps we'll have a springtime party. I dearly love a cookout.